Welcome to the
Prince Edward Island
National Emergency Nurses Association
What would you like to see?
Select one of the tabbed options below.
PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND NATIONAL EMERGENCY NURSES ASSOCIATION
PEIENA – Prince Edward Island Emergency Nurses Association
Established – January 1992
The PEIENA is committed to advancing and promoting the practice of emergency nursing.
- To promote the highest standard of health care
- To inspire excellence in our profession and those of our peers in an effort to enrich public health
- To create an enhanced public awareness of the role, capabilities ,functions of and potential of emergency medical services
- To promote unity and harmony among its members through networking and information exchange
- To collaborate in the maintenance of National Standards
- To provide avenues for its members to pursue programs of continuing education
The Cost is $45/year.
The Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) is offered in the Spring (EAST) and the Fall (West).
The Emergency Nurses Pediatric Course ( ENPC) is offered in the Spring in Halifax or St. John.
The Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale (CTAS) Education Program is presently offered on a monthly basis.
Please see your nursing Clinical Educator for further information and dates of education sessions.
Access official information about PEIENA
The PEIENA Board of Directors and assigned program managers develop and approve a wide range of policies, positions, educational material, and administrative processes. These are captured in PDF documents and are accessible on this page.
Some documents are unavailable and are currently being updated and approved by the Board and will be available soon.
Contact the Board President or Secretary if you are looking for a document that cannot be found on this page.
Thanks for your interest in the PEI Emergency Nursing Association.
We’re here to assist.
We are a volunteer run organization with an elected Board of Directors. The Board appoints a number of volunteers to manage various aspects of our organization. If you have questions or input please contact the appropriate individuals listed below.