Welcome to the
National Emergency Nurses Association
What would you like to see?
Select one of the tabbed options below.
Emergency Department Nurses Association (EDNA) of Manitoba
Emergency nurses in Manitoba face unique challenges based on the geographical vastness of our province. From the rural emergency departments (ED’s) of the prairies, to the city ED’s, to the remoteness of the northern ED’s and nursing stations; although there are variations to our practice areas, there is a common thread amongst Manitoba emergency nurses.
EDNA of Manitoba is a provincial organization affiliated with the National Emergency Nurses Association (NENA).
Formed 30 years ago, EDNA of Manitoba serves as a connection for emergency nurses across the province, and is a part of NENA’s national network of emergency nurses and emergency department partners.
When you join you are both a member of NENA and EDNA.
Click HERE, or the JOIN option in the NENA navigation menu.
Remember that your membership is not complete until you submit your membership fee through PayPal. You will receive an e-mail receipt confirming acceptance.
The advantages of belonging to EDNA of Manitoba and NENA are many:
- Reduced registration fees to educational sessions such as the Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC), the Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) and the Course in Advanced Trauma Nursing (CATN)
- Reduced registration fees to both EDNA sponsored educational events offered periodically as well as NENA national conferences offered every spring across Canada
- A subscription to the Canadian Journal of Emergency Nursing (CJEN), NENA’s official publication, published semiannually
- Access to the NENA website with information regarding emergency nursing practice issues including standards and position statements
- An opportunity to network with other Emergency nurses in the province and across the country
- Educational bursaries, both from EDNA and NENA, to qualifying members
NENA and EDNA hold annual conferences and Annual General Meetings. Registration costs for these are reduced for members.
The 2014 NENA Conference this year is in Toronto April 27-29 and is a Pan-American conference. The 2015 NENA Conference will be hosted in Edmonton in May 2015.
These annual conferences are excellent and garner national and international speakers and presentations.MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON
Access official information about EDNA
The EDNA Board of Directors and assigned program managers develop and approve a wide range of policies, positions, educational material, and administrative processes. These are captured in PDF documents and are accessible on this page.
Some documents are unavailable and are currently being updated and approved by the Board and will be available soon.
Contact the Board President or Secretary if you are looking for a document that cannot be found on this page.MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON
Click a link below.MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON
Thanks for your interest in the Emergency Nursing Association – MB.
We’re here to assist.
We are a volunteer run organization with an elected Board of Directors. The Board appoints a number of volunteers to manage various aspects of our organization. If you have questions or input please contact the appropriate individuals listed below.