This is your opportunity to be a part of the NENA team as we create our 2018 National Conference Committee.
Standing committee members shall be NENA Treasurer and Past President.
We will be filling the positions of conference committee members.
The 2018 Conference will be held in Kelowna, British Columbia, April 20-22, 2018. This committee, led by chairperson Sherry Uribe, is charged with planning the 2018 NENA National Conference. Committee members will be responsible for conference theme and design, conference registration, calling for and reviewing abstracts, selection and confirmation of topics and speakers, introducing/coordinating speakers at the Conference, accommodation and catering arrangements, obtaining conference sponsorships, coordinating vendor display arrangements and other tasks as identified.
Members of this committee must be available to attend all scheduled planning meetings, as this is crucial to the success of the conference. Most meetings will be conducted through the use of teleconference, skype, live meeting, etc.
Selection of the committee will be based on the following criteria, but not limited to:
- NENA Membership required
- Previous provincial activity
- Previous conference planning experience preferred
- At least 1 member from host city or close to it
- In person meetings not required but may occur if deemed necessary
- Commit to participation x 1 – 2 years
- Must attend the conference and be in host city for the week prior to conference
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae must be sent with application
- References may be requested at a later date
We invite NENA members to submit their applications, using above criteria and telling us why we should choose you to be on the committee. Members from across the country are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications is July 15, 2017
Applications to be submitted to Conference2018@NENA.ca
NENA relies on its members to shape the direction of our association. Your contributions are invaluable and we thank you for all your support.